Tabletop RPP Concept and Planning: The initial inspiration that I had is create paper prototype of a VR tower defense game that require the player to build defenses using materials that is available Development Process: I made a simple prototype in TTS to show what the game environment would look like if we are doing a paper prototype. Used Maya to create a Jenga set to act as the resource. Then my team and I meet to refine game mechanic and play tested multiple time to balance the game difficulties. Challenges and Solutions: We were having trouble on making the game mechanic both enjoyable and challenging. It was hard to know what is actually working when you are the maker of the game. We were able to figure that out by inviting multiple play testers to discuss.
Finished the level design analysis and ldd for the level. I will work on getting everything into a presentation before Tuesday. I will also start blocking out the level and find more specific reference images for my design. I plan to make my entire level in a single scene. Also finished our first round of puzzle design for the capstone team. This is a sketch of the layout I though of and how the environment is gonna connect with the puzzle. For capstone I am currently working on making my version of the white box for this area. I am also doing the blockout assigned to me from my capstone team for the opening scene. Our game is set in a desert environment so I will need to work a lot on the landscape. After some research, I decide to try using the heightmap to mimic desert. I have to make some adjustment after importing the heightmap as landscape so it look more natural and fit to the level. I really like how it turned out.
This week I worked on the RWBlockMesh. I initially worked on the Nortre Dame Cathedral, but since we want to focus on getting the player a feel of navigating a interior environment, I worked on a second map referenced based on my room. I was also able to practice more Maya and different technique for 3D Modeling
Comments
Post a Comment